Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Day One.

Today I decided that I needed a blog. Somewhere to share my creations and ideas. To pound out my thoughts and, if nothing else, a place to call "my own" in the internet world. So here I am, "blogging" as it's called.

Last night I finished sewing a bag that I can sort of call "my design". The basis of my idea came from this website with a cute pattern for a Buttercup Bag. I first attempted the pattern the other day and this is what I came up with.


What a fun little bag! So sweet and simple. Pleated in the front and back, and I added buttons to the sides just for fun.



After trying my hand at the Buttercup Bag, I decided I wanted to change it up a bit. Here is the end result.


I changed the shape, took out two pleats, and added a ruffle embellishment with a fabric flower. I still have some tweaking to do, but it was fun to add a little flair to an already great bag!
Interested in the fabric flower? You can make your own by following this great tutorial. Super cute and easy as pie!

Now I'm off to go work on a special drawing that I will feature in one of my upcoming posts. Oh, and to take care of my squawking baby who just woke up from her nap. I love being a mommy!

Now go make something, and enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment